Administrative Assistant - Redevelopment & Asset Management
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Non Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
We are hiring an Administrative Assistant for our Mid-Atlantic Redevelopment and Asset Management Group in Arlington, VA. We are looking for professional, energetic, enthusiastic, detailed oriented individuals with contract management experience and great communication skills to join our Team.
Reporting to the Mid-Atlantic Senior Director for Redevelopment and Asset Management, your main priorities will be to provide administrative, contract management, and project support to our Mid-Atlantic Redevelopment and Asset Management team. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assist in preparing scopes of work and bid documents for consultant proposals.
- Assist team in bid leveling and consultant selection process.
- Create and manage contracts and change orders within I-BEAM, AvalonBay’s proprietary contract administration platform.
- Work with Redevelopment team members to ensure working budgets are prepared in accordance with approved capital budgets.
- Work with vendors to process invoices and collaborate with accounts receivable departments to resolve billing questions and elevate billing disputes as required.
- Prepare monthly job cost summary reports for each active redevelopment project.
- Continuously review all active projects in I-BEAM to identify any outstanding tasks that are overdue – identify the appropriate team member of the outstanding task and track completion.
- Manage calendars, arrange travel, and schedule meetings. Meeting responsibilities include sending calendar invitations to internal and external attendees, reserving conference room space, coordinating IT/telecom support as required, arranging for catering, preparing electronic and printed meeting materials for attendees, keeping detailed meeting notes, preparing a written summary of meetings as required, and saving all updated meeting materials in the appropriate shared folder.
- Manage paper and electronic file system and prepare and submit expense reports for reimbursement.
- Coordinate with internal groups (Market Research Group, Development, RS, etc.) to compile and distribute market research reports summarizing rental growth, occupancy, and supply projections for Mid-Atlantic submarkets to each member of the Mid-Atlantic Redevelopment and Asset Management team.
Qualified candidates will have a 3-5 years Administrative experience in the construction, development, or property management industry. A high school diploma or GED Equivalent is required, however, a Bachelor’s degree with some contract management experience and excellent communication skills are strongly preferred.
- We are seeking a dynamic professional with an outgoing personality, positive attitude, and polished negotiation as well as excellent and telephone skills.
- Strong MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) proficiency and prior Timberline experience preferred. Ability to quickly learn new systems, such as Oracle, is strongly desired.
- Ability to read construction drawings is a plus. Experience in the multifamily industry is a plus.
- This person will be a self-starter, highly organized, have attention to detail, be effective at prioritizing, and will be an excellent communicator (verbal and written).
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.