Maintenance Supervisor/Building Engineer
Seattle, WA 98101
The Maintenance Supervisor/Building Engineer provides maintenance support and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our residents and mix-use tenants. Must respond to resident's service request and is instrumental in helping Pinnacle deliver superior customer service to our residents/tenants. Actively schedules and performs preventative maintenance, and records such activities. Oversight of mid-rise building, mix use features include: resident apartments, retail, medical, and parking space. Subject expert with state local and state building codes for fire, plumbing and structure repairs.
- Performing move-out inspections, scheduling contractors, trades, coordinating with the Leasing Office and residents on unit turns.
- Diagnosing and repairing residential, commercial HVAC and air make up units.
- Supervisor overseeing maintenance employees and contractors; provide technical guidance, and training to co-workers. Offer excellent interpersonal skills and leading by example.
- Experience within the construction field including: basic electrical, plumbing, roofing, framing, siding, and painting trades.
- Interacting with contractors including retaining comparative bids, overseeing projects and conducting final inspections of completed contracts.
- Budget planning and working within budget guidelines.
- Leverage advanced skills to perform complex preventative maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventative maintenance including responding to emergency calls.
- Completes daily maintenance and repair records as required.
- Review and ensures completion of assigned work orders.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Shop to get the best pricing on materials and labor.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, and summons additional assistance as needed.
- Adhere to established policies related to the Fair Housing Act; conforms to all Federal, State, and local inspections on equipment and systems as required; and follows OSHA, EPA and NFPA guidelines and standards.
- Performs duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- Dresses per Pinnacle appearance standards.
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Make sound decisions consistent with the company’s Standard Operating Procedures to achieve results and deadlines.