Junior Full Stack Engineer
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
We are looking for a bright and passionate junior Full Stack Engineer to be a founding member of AvalonBay’s new Digital Squad. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Are you a champion for the best customer experience? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you’re a resounding yes, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT AVALONBAY DIGITAL SQUAD
At AvalonBay, we’ve embarked on a digital initiative to enhance the way we serve our customers. We’re transforming the way customers experience AvalonBay with an approach rooted in design thinking and enabled by agile methodology. The cross-functional team, based out of our corporate headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, will be empowered to act and iterate to get value to customers as frequently as possible. We will leverage exciting technologies, such as AI and a modern cloud-based technology, transforming an enterprise environment from within. Ultimately, we’re championing our organization’s core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring and a Focus on Continuous Improvement. And we’re looking for leaders to join our team!
As a junior Full Stack Engineer, you are part of the team responsible for transforming the design and product vision into a seamless and engaging product. You work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy to learn new tricks. You are current on industry trends in client development frameworks and anticipate what the near future will bring. You love clean code, clean interfaces and have a real passion for problem solving. As a junior Full Stack Engineer, you will also have deep understanding and proven grasp of end-to-end programming and you are eager to write APIs that deliver a great product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build applications, provide designers with feedback, and suggest trade-offs when required
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with other engineers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with object-oriented software design and development using C#
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience with cloud-native software development using the Azure PaaS offerings (Event Hub, Service Bus, API management, Application Insights)
- Working experience with Microsoft .NET Core and React, Angular (ASP .NET Web API + API versioning, Entity Framework MVC)
- Knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Behavior-Driven Development
- You love automating end-to-end tests and know your way around tools such as Cucumber and Selenium
- Knowledge of Static Code Analysis tools and metrics
- Good all-round knowledge of Visual Studio Code and Azure DevOps
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- RDBMS development using T-SQL (MS SQL, Azure SQL)
- Experience developing microservices and understanding of the Domain Driven Design approach
- Excited about new cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS and Serverless (Azure Functions) concepts, and containerization principles
- Practical knowledge of source code management tools
- Nice to have: Salesforce development experience
- Computer sciences or related degree or 1+ years of experience in software dev
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -a Commitment to Integrity, a Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019 and is rated as a top workplace in DC by Indeed for 2018.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.