San Jose, CA 95002
Job Type: Non Exempt
State::CA City:San Jose
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a strong Systems Engineer to join our Information Technology team at ourSan Jose, CA regional office.
The Systems Engineer helps to meet company needs for computer hardware, software, and networking technologies. This position develops, tests, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer hardware, software, network devices, including producing documentation, diagrams, and detailed procedures. The Systems Engineer works well independently, balancing work between the regional office and remote locations.
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the network systems that support core business functions
- Monitor systems to achieve optimum performance levels consistently
- Maintain systems in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Assist in the establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of the total system
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred. Equivalent certification and/or work experience will be considered.
- 4+ years of experience in a systems or network engineer role
- Experience withmonitoring systems,virtualization and data storage technologies
Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot servers (various operating systems), storage systems, and network devices
Ability to administer and tune complex networks, LAN/WAN
Possesses networking knowledge (OSI layers, TCP/IP)
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.