Fort Collins, CO 80521
The General Manager serves as the Chief Operating Officer of their respective community with full responsibility for the overall operations and profit and loss of the property. The General Manager is one of the members of the Pinnacle Campus Living senior management team. The PCL team is a dynamic group whose collective mission is to promote the happiness, success, and peace of mind of its residents, customers, parents and university. Team members must be dedicated to advancing the goals and values of PCL, while supporting each other in their endeavors and striving for success every day.
The General Manager’s primary function is managing the overall operation of their community and the effective execution of all phases of staffing and administration, accounting, marketing and leasing, maintenance, capital improvements, residence life, customer service, weekly and monthly reporting, and other projects necessary to provide for a well-rounded living-learning experience.
- Foster the development of a community that is conducive to student growth, academic success, and a positive, enjoyable residential experience. Work with other members of the management team to ensure operational standards and procedures are established, implemented, monitored and adhered to. Develop positive, friendly and professional relationships with residents and their guests. Train and develop on-site employees according to company policies and procedures. Work with management team to establish goals and objectives for the community. Lead staff meetings, as well as supervise and train all employees to ensure their experience is one of growth, development, and satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate training programs for staff members involved in leasing activities (leasing, touring and customer service, including lease administration), and serve as a resource to the leasing and marketing staff. Handle sales calls, tours and presentations when necessary. Serve as a referral resource for residents and staff to the campus and surrounding community. Budget all marketing and leasing plans, and other aspects of running the property.
- Supervise, train and support all staff. Assist the Assistant General Manager and the Resident Life Director in adjudicating student behavioral issues; mediate roommate conflicts and respond to resident complaints. Implement and supervise the Resident Handbook as situations warrant. Resolve student issues directly, and with the assistance of staff. Track maintenance requests from residents and follow up with maintenance department to ensure that requests have been completed timely and properly. As required, inspect apartments, common areas and entire community to ensure adherence to property standards. Work with team to schedule “turn” to ensure apartment units are available for scheduled move-ins. Address lease violations through one-on-one meetings, letters, fines and/or evictions as the violation warrants.
- Manage all costs and expenses of all departments in order to maximize Net Operating Income (profitability of the operation). Ensure all financial controls are adhered to in conformity with written or oral policies and procedures. Monitor residents’ accounts to ensure accuracy and timeliness of resident charges and collections. Recommend and implement corrective action concerning internal control, presentation and organization.
- Develop relationships with applicable campus departments and organizations and their key representatives to target appropriate student services and marketing opportunities. Conduct outreach efforts to community businesses and organizations to obtain resources, giveaways and good will that will augment the residence life program and marketing efforts. Stay current with events and issues happening on campus and within the local community.
- Develop and oversee the Residence Life/Programming budget and funds allocated for particular accounts on an annual and monthly basis. Plan how various funds will be allocated during the year. Use creativity and negotiation skills to achieve the best value when making purchases. Supervise and manage spending for Community Ambassador organized events.