Construction Financial Analyst
San Mateo, CA 94401
In this role will report to and assist the Construction Financial Manager in preparing and reviewing reporting prepared by other Construction Accounting Analysts. You will also spend time on special projects assigned by the manager.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages to investors and obtain approvals.
- Prepare monthly construction loans’ funding requests and monthly/quarterly reporting packages to lenders;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting and analyses for management (development, redevelopment, non-revenue generating capex and acquisition capital, structural repairs) and other departments (costs projections for JV projects, pipelines, forecasts, accounts payable KPI dashboards, deferred depreciation for development projects in lease-up, insurance proceeds and construction payables quarterly variance, accounts payable date and # changes, various analyses for Internal Audit/Tax, etc.);
- Assist with setup of original budgets and budget changes for Development projects into accounting system, and with costs reclass as needed;
- Review and upload into accounting system Development contracts and change orders;
- Set up Redevelopment units into accounting system to track budgets uses. Notify weekly Redevelopment team of units’ setup issues. Process quarterly closing of Redevelopment jobs to be agreed with Redevelopment team. Select Redevelopment job codes for monthly rehab vacancy reporting;
- Update tracker for mechanics’ liens and other legal issues, ensuring completeness and accuracy of records, and prepare monthly reporting to Legal department. Issue weekly updated list of litigation jobs to AP and Legal departments.
- Assist with Development projects’ Bond requests, update Bonds tracker and prepare quarterly reporting to Development department;
- Process General Contractors’ Due Diligence bi-annual updates for Development projects;
- Assist with review of other Construction Analysts’ work. Backup to other positions in the department as needed. Special projects as needed to assist Manager of Construction Accounting.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree; construction accounting knowledge preferred;
- 1-5 years of experience preferred;
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word;
- Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills, and strong attention to detail; must be able to work independently as well as with others.