Los Angeles, CA 90067
Dynamic, highly respected real estate firm based in Los Angeles is expanding its property management team. The firm is committed to the growth and enrichment of each employee through a culture of respect, innovation and collaboration. The fast-paced environment is well suited to individuals who are ready to take on new challenges and provide operational excellence to residents and investor partners. The position requires a dedicated, constructive and energetic style. Guided by the objectives and goals of the firm, team members will ensure we have the appropriate objectives in place to effectively grow financial strength and operating efficiency.
Accountable to maintain and enhance the value of company portfolio and maximize the returns on behalf of the investment strategy, the residents and the properties. Oversight of all operational aspects of a portfolio of properties spanning over 100 to 250 units, including management reporting to leasing and marketing outreach. Ensures the financial performance of the properties within the portfolios while providing exceptional service to residents and creating a professional and desirable environment. Constantly strive for improvements and proactive approach to market trends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
Oversee day-to-day operations and upkeep of assigned properties.
- Adhere to accurate weekly and monthly reporting schedules on behalf of property activities, including Accounting Month End, account receivables and payables.
- Recommend and implement cost effective programs and alliances contributing to property profitability.
- Direct day to day activities for loss prevention, risk management, safety/security, maintenance, marketing and physical outside and inside appearance factors.
- Track and report lease obligations and delinquent accounts.
- Engage and oversee outside vendor services to maintain the smooth operations of property, including scheduling, pricing structure and insurance requirements.
- Develop a network of emergency services for immediate response.
- Oversee Maintenance Supervisor and establish standards to continually evaluate service needs and support. Ensure the property maintenance member complied with company standards with respect to responding and completing resident service requests. Develop necessary timeline for capital replacement items such as HVAC, roofs, exterior surfaces, etc.
- Maintain and encourage a friendly and welcoming environment for residents and property representatives.
- Strive for full capacity lease up and assist in designing appropriate marketing campaigns for continued stream of prospects.
- Manage resident relationships and coordinate requests for repairs or maintenance, lease issues or other resident concerns.
- Respond to all leads, via media technology, phone or walk-ins, track for reporting and follow through.
- Administer required documentation for leases and terminations, resident files and corporate files required for all levels of compliance.
- Establish outreach programs to enhance property visibility with businesses and organizations for potential residents.
- Stay abreast of market trends, new construction and competition for assigned portfolio.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to formulate and implement strategies that will add value to portfolio.
- Execute on opportunities to optimize community, financial, and team performance.
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and results oriented.
- Proven track record working in a “contributor culture” with internal and external customers.
- Customer-centric orientation with proven track-record of developing and acting on customer insights.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of operating budgets and marketing programs.
- Strong verbal/written communication abilities and effective interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong organization/project management skills.
- Delivers results and has a strong sense of initiative and identifying best practices.
- Intuitive problem solver and able to work independently.
- Team-oriented individual with ability to prioritize tasks who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A hands-on manager dedicated to consistently meet and exceed goals.
- 3+ years' experience as a manager for multifamily properties.
- Ability to exceed customer service expectations, drive revenue, and manage budgets.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel and relevant databases and property management software.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws, real estate laws and property management principles.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Reliable, dependable and ability to work weekends or varied hours as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record and evidence of auto insurance in addition to remaining insurable under company’s liability insurance policy.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER