Leasing Manager- Summit
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
As the Leasing Manager, you are a team builder and leader who provides support, mentorship and direction to ensure high level of Employee and Resident Engagement within our community.
You are responsible for meeting the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your assigned Community by achieving occupancy and reputation management goals
- Customer Experience and Leadership:
- Provides leadership for the Community by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the teams to achieve it.
- Oversees the day-to-day financial, sales, marketing, maintenance and operations of the Community.
- Lease property based on vacancy and occupancy budget requirements.
- Creates local neighborhood excitement about our community to promote the community.
- Promotes regular communication and transparency within the Community through daily huddles, regular team and one-on-one meetings.
- Manages Move-In and Move-Out experience provided by the Community and the overall resident engagement.
- Promotes and upholds company values, employee promise, policies, and initiatives.
- Efficiently handles resident requests and concerns.
- Focuses on identifying the challenges early and use it as an opportunity to develop the team and take corrective measures as necessary.
- Empowers employees to solve problems and achieve goals through immediate resolution by training the team on how to prevent the challenges in the future.
- Selects, hires, trains, coaches and provides feedback to the team to deliver Service Excellence.
- Owns the employee experience, drives employee satisfaction and elevates team behaviors.
- Establishes a learning culture and maintains a strong connection of the community team to GHP.
- Provides reinforcing and developmental feedback to direct reports on a regular and timely manner.
- Performs comprehensive annual reviews of all direct reports, and ensures all staff reporting into your region are receiving adequate reviews. Creates personal goals for individuals.
- Sales and Marketing:
- Actively markets the apartment community through ongoing online advertisement, social media interactions and community outreach marketing.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the competitive property markets and ensures Leasing Team is up to date on opportunities and areas of focus.
- Regularly conducts market analysis and develops leasing and pricing strategy accordingly.
- Manages all Marketing activities within budgetary guidelines to maintain and exceed occupancy requirements.
- Contributes to all Reputation Management activities including Yelp, Apartment Rating, Facebook, Instagram and other social platforms to meet the GHP expectations.
- Works closely with the Community Manager and oversees an on-going resident retention program, including resident events.
- Creates an outreach and networking strategy to generate leads within the local market.
- Customer-Centric– Put the customer, both internal and external, at the heart of everything.
- Leadership -Has an ability to inspire and lead others to goal achievement through day to day interaction.
- Analytical -Regularly makes decisions and solved problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Business and Financial Acumen- Must be able to synthesis complex financial information and interpret financial results.
- Communication- Communicates with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Conflict Resolution- Has an ability to remain calm during difficult situations, resolve conflicts and negotiating with others handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Organization and Project Management- Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work.
- 2-3 years’ experience as leasing manager within a community of 500+ units and/or a combination of 3 – 5 years’ leasing associate experience with 1-2 years’ experience as a Sr. Leasing Consultant with oversight of sales goals. Lease up experience within an A+ community with 500+ units preferred but not required
- Supervisory experience managing a team of 3 or more team members
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local fair housing laws and provisions
- Experience using Yardi or other related property management accounting software. Strong use of Microsoft Office applications
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance
- Frequently lift/move/carry 5lbs
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents and visitors
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Constantly operates computer, 10-key and other office productivity machinery.
- Constantly works in low to moderate noise levels
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time