Interior Design Manager
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. AvalonBay currently owns and operates approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employs approximately 3,000 associates. We are looking for an Interior Design Manager to join our Design team at our corporate headquarters office in Arlington, VA.
This position is responsible for managing interior design related projects within AvalonBay including development, redevelopment and capex projects. The Manager acts as a design thought leader among internal and external teams, providing vision and creativity as well as ensuring design consistency.
- Manage and perform interior design projects, from Space planning, Conceptual study, Schematic design, Design development, Construction documentation and Construction administration
- Collaborate with regional & corporate teams, external designers & consultants
- Participate in furniture selection & procurement process
- Manage and update design standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design
- 7-10 years of experience in architecture, interior design, or related field (Hospitality design experience preferred)
- Must have a strong design knowledge with experience in construction documentation and construction administration
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the US
- Proficient in Adobe, AutoCad, Revit
- 3D rendering ability preferred
- Knowledge in furniture, finish, and color selection
- LEED Accreditation preferred
If you are a collaborative team player who is driven to achieve goals and thrives under pressure, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.