Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Seeking a talented and dedicated Project Engineer!
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is looking for the absolute best and brightest to join our team of dedicated professionals as a Project Engineer at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
This position works closely with members of the Construction department to facilitate a wide variety of activities associated with the construction of our multifamily development projects. The position is the entry step in the career path to becoming a Project Manager with a stable and growing real estate developer.
What you'll do:
- Travel across the country, overseeing the onsite construction activities for our Springs Apartment communities
- Walk buildings and prepare construction punch lists for building delivery to property management team
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate construction activities that contribute to the successful delivery of projects that are on schedule and in budget
- Assist with the preparation of preliminary project estimates and schedules for new project submittals
What we need:
- Desire to travel frequently (overnight travel one to two nights of a week, three weeks a month)
- Creative problem-solving skills, unmatched attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills; the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Flexible and adaptable – unafraid of ambiguity or a challenge
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture required
- Prior construction management experience with a sub or general contractor preferred (salary commensurate with experience)
Continental is a great place to work, as shown by our five consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our employees vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Gold and Platinum Medical Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and generous vacation time; summer hours in August (home office closes at 12 p.m. each Friday with full pay for the day)
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards employees based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- For employees who are interested, regular offsite gatherings coordinated by employees. Company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is a proven, dynamic and diverse national real estate development company. Over our 39 year history, we have grown from a small real estate company to a major presence in the development industry. Continental is committed to providing the best benefits in the business and fostering a collegial environment where autonomy and teamwork intersect to create the opportunity for you to do what you do best every day.
Do you have talent, ambition and drive? Are you interested in working with highly capable, collegial, and professional people who respect and appreciate the contributions of others? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter today!
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer background check prior to joining the Continental team.