Maintenance Supervisor (below 300 units)
Seattle, WA 98101
$750 Sign-on Bonus for maintenance related roles:External Candidates with an application date of 7/5/2018 or later will be eligible for a $750 sign-on bonus if hired for full-time, permanent roles. Bonus will be payable the first pay-period following completion of the first 90 days of employment. Bonus must be paid back in full if the candidate leaves the organization within the first 12 months of employment.
The person in this position is responsible for all maintenance aspects of the community’s operations and objectives. Accountable for: operating the property budget with the primary objective of increasing the Net Operating Income (NOI), maintaining the physical asset, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. Depending on asset size and staffing level, the person in this position may be required to be “on-call” for after-hours emergencies. This position reports to the Community Manager or Sr. Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance operations of the community, including but not limited to: work orders, unit turns, curb appeal, vendor and inventory management, and preventative maintenance
- Maintains cost per turn within budget & ensure make ready days are 7 days or less or as defined by Regional Manager (for renovation properties)
- Manages expenses closely and within budget, communicates any overages in advance, actively pursues expense savings.
- Manages and/or facilitates capital and renovation projects, collaborating with corporate departments
- Effectively manages personnel throughout their employment lifecycle, i.e., selection through separation. This includes candidate selection, career planning and development, accountability and performance management, and recognition
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- May be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/ equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, gripping and elbow motion)
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment
- Requires the use of appropriate safety equipment (e.g., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.)
Position requires ability to work any of the 7 days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is critical that individuals possess the ability to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job and must attend training classes as scheduled. Work schedules and location assignments are subject to change. Ensure compliance with time management policies including meal and rest periods.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- Two to five years property management experience preferred or related management experience
- Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Competent understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred