Village Property Management
Assistant Property Manager
San Jose, CA 95122
The Assistant Property Administrator will assist the Property Administrator in the overall management and operation of the apartment community, ensuring an efficient and organized operation.
Duties and Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Property Administrator in all assigned duties including any that pertain the specific legal requirements of the property (Section 8, HUD, TCAC, etc.).
- Assist the Property Administrator with the training of the leasing staff relating to position requirements, safety requirements, procedures, and all VPM policies.
- Advise the Property Administrator when additional training is needed and suggests when corrective counseling maybe required.
- Assist the Property Administrator in overseeing the daily work-flow of the leasing staff.
- Delegate responsibilities to the leasing and maintenance staff as instructed by the Property Administrator.
- Open the Leasing Center; ensure the Leasing Center is clean and well stocked with forms, applications and guest cards. Will order office and kitchen supplies as needed. Will check the answering machine several times per day for messages, and ensures that messages are returned in a timely manner.
- Lease apartments as they become available; show units and explain occupancy terms.
- Meet established monthly move-in quota.
- Review guard reports on a daily basis and suggest to the Property Administrator when a Notice to Comply notice should be prepared.
- Upon the Property Administrator's direction, will prepare Notices to Comply and ensure the delivery of notice.
- Ensure that the Availability and On-Notice records are completed correctly reflecting the current status and that owners are notified of the status of their units.
- Update "Show List" on a daily basis in order to comply with Fair Housing guidelines.
- Ensure that all traffic reports are maintained daily and are completed accurately.
- Prepare and submit to the Main Office weekly reports on Monday.
- Ensure that all service requests are completed in a timely manner and that residents are contacted when services cannot be rendered within 24 hours.
- Assist the Property Administrator in walking the grounds to assure that the community is well maintained and that residents are adhering to the community guidelines and their lease agreements.
- Review, code and approve invoices for payment and forward invoices to Accounts Payables for payment in a timely manner. Maintains accurately and in an organized manner all records and reports. ·
- Assist in ensuring that all vacant units are placed in a rent-ready condition in the most expedient and economical manner.
- Assist in the preparation and the posting of 3-Day Notices.
- As requested by the Property Administrator, will represent owners NPM on unlawful detainer actions.
- As required, will submit legal packages to the VPM Attorney's office and submit a copy of said package to the Main Office.
- Submit Security Disbursements to the Main Office, in a timely manner ensuring accuracy.
- Assist in resolving residents' problems. Will display composure, professionalism, and a helpful attitude at all times.
- Promote a community atmosphere through various communication tools and services: ie, newsletter, greeting cards, community activities, etc.
- Act in the capacity of the Property Administrator in their absence and respond to emergency situations accordingly. May be on-call on occasion.
- Provide the Property Administrator with input relating to the preparation of the annual budget and suggest means of increasing revenues.
- Ensure that all phone lines are answered in a timely manner and direct calls accordingly.
- Establish new business relations in order to develop interest within the surrounding community.
- In the absence of the property Administrator, will approve/disapprove rental applications and credit profiles.
- Ensures all employees compliance with all Safety Regulations and Fair Housing Regulations.
- In the absence of the Property Administrator, will sign off all payroll and bonus requests and submit by FAX to the Regional Property Supervisor by 10:00 a.m. each payroll week on Monday.
- In the absence of the Property Administrator, will verify and sign all on-site employees personnel requests (re: vacation, sick leave, medical notifications, etc.) and FAX immediately to Regional Property Administrator.
- Comply with Fair Housing regulations.
- As requested, may perform additional duties.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for on-site employees' activities. Makes self available to staff. Improves processes, products and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethics.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with additional college equivalent courses in Real Estate Management, Marketing, and Sales are essential.
- Requires 2-3 years apartment leasing experience in a property management environment.
- At least one year in supervision a plus (requires the ability to supervise employees with independent discretion and good judgement within VPM policies and guidelines).