Workers' Compensation Administrator
San Mateo, CA 94401
Position will be located in San Mateo, Ca. OR Irvine, CA. This will depend on location of candidate selected.
Manage workers’ compensation program in conjunction with the company’s third party administrator including reviewing and processing claims, participating in settlement negotiations, recommending loss control strategies, assisting with Company safety program, and applicable laws and regulations compliance. Responsibilities include:
- Review claims and legal documents, participate in settlement negotiations and recommend loss control strategies
- Develop, recommend and implement workers’ compensation policies and procedures
- Investigate or oversee the investigation of claims; develop strategies to handle specific cases in consultation with appropriate parties
- Participate in budget preparations and monitor expenditures and liability; recommend and negotiate claim settlements
- Attend workers’ compensation hearings and claims review
- Accident prevention and Investigation, identify unsafe conditions and practices and help to determine remedies.
- Assist with safety program, monitoring compliance, employee training, content management adjusting as needed.
- Stay abreast of trends and innovations in the field of workers’ compensation administration and keep current on legislative and regulatory issues at the State and Federal level
- Other duties as assigned
- Position requires ability to work standard hours and business days, 52 weeks of the year. Individuals must possess the ability to work the necessary days/hours to complete the essential functions of the position. Work schedule subject to change.
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 7 -10 year’s workers’ compensation experience. Multifamily a plus.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations and proceedings to ensure compliance
- Analyze complex claim problems, evaluating alternatives and make creative recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and writing
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)