Billing Specialist - Multifamily Ancillary Group, Corporate Office
Irvine, CA 92602
The Billing Specialist performs tasks necessary to ensure timely and accurate billing for Community Utility Billing Services. This includes resident data capture and entry, utility bill analysis, data entry, meter readings, collections, as well as assists with customer service and accounting functions.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collects and submits utility data for each community on a monthly basis for outstanding balances.
- Collects customer data and inputs into the computer system for
- Audits resident data and ensures accuracy on a routine
- Generates collection letters, prints files and sends appropriate collection reports to the community staff for resolution.
- Interprets manual meters as necessary as well as imports the daily automatic meter readings and reports exceptions, including record keeping of non-working meters and reporting.
- Performs billing functions including adjustments to move-ins and move-outs.
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, mailing,
- Assists with Yardi and other applicable software move/ins and move/outs, including resident renewals data entry into UTR, when needed.
- Assists with customer service phone calls, walk-in customer service and payments, e-mail and resident
- Adheres to and implements policies and procedures established for the Billing Department.
- Submits and processes refund requests, as well as completes necessary research to confirm refunds are completed in a timely and accurate
- Performs quality assurance / audit functions monthly on all utility and resident
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to accurately record, input numbers and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task, be professional and provide exceptional customer service.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status. IND123 MON123