Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are seeking a ServiceNow/BPM Developer to join our IT department based at our Arlington, VAHeadquarters Office.
The ServiceNow/BPM Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining business solutions within ServiceNow by working closely with business stakeholders to understand their business processes, gain agreement on these processes, and recommend solutions to implement these processes. If these processes are to reside in ServiceNow, the Developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of these processes within ServiceNow.
Other activities may include creation of reporting solutions and data visualizations, integrations of ServiceNow with other business systems. The Developer will be responsible for solutions from requirements, through coding, testing and release, communication of status to stakeholders, and basic to advanced administration of ServiceNow.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Customize ServiceNow applications and facilitate rollout of both new applications and application customizations.
- Customization of the Application UI and workflow.
- Delivering new services via the service portal.
- Experience interviewing stakeholders to gather system requirements, develop conceptual designs and the implementation of the design within ServiceNow.
- Write functional requirements, develop test plans and address production issues.
- Manage application testing processes and successful migration to the production environment.
- Development of reports according to ongoing customer needs.
- Ongoing management of the ServiceNow environment, including platform version upgrades and application releases without business impact.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, Computer Science program strongly preferred.
- 4+ years software development experience, specifically developing, implementing and maintaining solutions within the ServiceNow platform.
- ServiceNow Admin and Developer Certification desired.
- Ability to “wear multiple hats” (i.e. Business Analyst, Project Manager, Admin, Developer, tester and trainer).
- Strong communication skills and strong problem solving skills are key.
- Strong understanding of all phases of the application development lifecycle and project management disciplines.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition.
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.