Woodland Hills, CA 91302
The Collections Specialist will respond to and assist in settling any disputes or questions that past residents may have regarding their final billing. The Collection Specialist will also review account ledgers and documentation for accuracy as well as preparing accounts that will be assigned to a third party collection agency. This department also responds to and assists the properties with questions they have regarding final billing and move out processes.
- Perform Collections function
- Responsible for managing incoming collection files from the properties
- Responding to written and verbal communications from former residents, negotiating payments and payment terms with former residents.
- Processing payments and when applicable, assigning accounts to a collection agency.
- Responsible for meeting revenue goals and adhering to department policy and procedures
- Review of account ledgers for accuracy
- Promptly respond to written and verbal communications from former residents
- General knowledge of FDCPA and FCRA
- Negotiate payment amounts and terms to maximize revenue
- Accurately document all written and verbal communications related to collection efforts.
- Manage aging of collection account assignments to efficiently assign to a collection agency if applicable
- Communicate any high risk accounts to the Supervisor
- Communicate trends that may increase revenue or efficiency within the department to the Supervisor.
- Provide quality customer relations while interacting with property personnel, former residents and collection agencies.
- Present a professional, efficient attitude in all types of communications with former residents, property personnel and collection agencies
- All written correspondence should be free of grammatical errors
- Requests for a return response from our department are within a 48 hour period.
- Position requires ability to work standard hours and business days, 52 weeks of the year. Individuals must possess the ability to work the necessary days/hours to complete assignments. Work schedule is subject to change.
- Must attend training as required.
- Other duties as assigned
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years customer service or account receivable/payable experience
- Experience at the property level a plus (Asst. Manager, Bookkeeper level ideal)
- Strong communication skills, knowledge of business correspondence
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Previous YARDI experience preferred
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast paced environment