San Mateo, CA 94401
The Associate will be an integral team member with significant accountability for fundamental research at Essex, including economic forecasting, spatial analytics, and the application of machine learning techniques to data analysis for real estate.
- Research fundamental trends in macro- and microeconomics to drive continuous improvement in the firm’s proprietary forecasting models. Leverage data science tools to quantify new trends impacting the multifamily industry.
- Incorporate novel datasets and analytical techniques to harvest value-added insights relative to residential real estate, including both investment strategy and property operations.
- Effectively distill findings from quantitative research projects into actionable executive presentations.
- Assist in the design and implementation of analytic workflows designed to enhance the productive value of both proprietary internal data and new external data sources.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in statistics/data science, computer science, mathematics, or economics (with strong training in econometrics).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data analytics, including profiency in programming with R or Python.
- Experience with data analysis on cloud-computing platforms (Azure/GCP/AWS) is a plus.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.