Construction Payment Specialist
San Mateo, CA 94401
This position is responsible for all aspects of the construction draw process, including maintaining budgets and tracking against cost, ensuring that all supporting documentation is current, correct and complete. Also ensure that all necessary steps for timely and accurate payment are accomplished.
- Review all draw materials for accuracy and timeliness
- Ensure draw payments are processed within contract terms
- Confirm that all invoices are coded and accurately reflected on payment application
- Collaborate with the General Contractors and Construction Managers for resolution of discrepancies
- Verify and/or obtain all necessary approvals on change orders and draw packages
- Prepare and update all draw logs (draw comments, change orders, releases, insurance, etc.)
- Prepare Contract and Budget Variance schedules
- Prepare reconciliations between Essex and the general contractor, as well as between cost records and general ledger; reconcile retention balances and the check register
- Prepare quarterly construction accrual information
- Provide quarterly contract summary of JV Projects to Private Equity
- Maintain electronic files
- Special projects as required
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum one to three years of Construction draw processing experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Accounting knowledge preferred
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Possesses excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Excel (data management)
- Works well independently as well as with others.
- Yardi Voyager experience preferred