Silvercrest Management, Salvation Army
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Silvercrest Mission Statement: The Salvation Army Silvercrest Residence exists to provide clean, safe and comfortable housing to low-income persons, and to do so in an environment that is sensitive and responsive to the needs of individual residents, but not intrusive of personal privacy. In concert with the adjacent Corps Community Center, the resident seeks to provide a range of supportive services intended to sustain independent living and to enrich the quality of resident’s lives through opportunities for social fellowship, personal growth, and spiritual nurture. Each employee of the Silvercrest Management Department is hired to assist in fulfilling the mission either through direct service or support of front line staff.
We are currently seeking an experienced Building Superintendent for our 75-unit senior apartment residence in Chula Vista, Ca.
As the Building Superintendent you will be responsible:
- For managing all repair & maintenance tasks and assist with custodial duties.
- Responsibilities include HVAC repairs, minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Manage and respond to work orders in a timely manner and keep accurate records.
- Handle all apartment turnovers. Work with outside vendors for more complex repairs.
- Work alongside Custodian to conduct daily ground inspections and maintain cleanliness and upkeep of building and outside facilities.
- Will be responsible for after-hours on-call duty. Must be able to maintain professional relationships with senior residents.
- Demonstrate ability to handle difficult situations, maintain confidentiality and do this while promoting the Silvercrest and TSA missions.
The ideal candidate must possess 3-5 years minimum prior experience in general maintenance/custodial work. Strong mechanical aptitude and a proven work record repairing minor HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical systems. Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize daily tasks and projects. Good driving record and clean MVR required in addition to reliable transportation for occasional errands, training, etc.
The Salvation Army, Silvercrest Management offers great benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, 403(b) option, life insurance and paid time off. If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in this position, please apply online and attach resume. Post-offer background and reference check required EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals w/ disabilities