Belvedere Tiburon, CA 94920
The Maintenance Technician performs various maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community. He/she handles repairs and improvements of vacant apartments for a market ready status. and works as a team participant to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by Maximus Real Estate Partners.
Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Prepares or assists in preparing all vacant apartments to a market ready condition.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager on special maintenance projects, (i.e., preventative maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals).
- Assists in keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
- Performs various community maintenance functions. Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Records activity in maintenance log. These functions may include, but are not limited to: light bulb changes, caulking, filter changes, painting, lock repairs, pool maintenance, install/repair window coverings, preventative maintenance, HVAC repairs, vinyl repair and installation. Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacates, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner. Maintains open communication with Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public, at all times, on or off the property. Delivers various communications to residents as needed.
- Works closely with management and maintenance staff in developing an integral team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of Maximus Real Estate Partners.
- May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies.
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
- Good hand/eye coordination is essential. Color perception, the ability to differentiate colors in terms of hue, and the ability to identify a particular color or color combination from memory is required.
- Drives motorized vehicle on property.
- Inside and outside work in all types of weather.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred. Trade school and/or military training a plus.
- One to five years of verifiable hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e., plumbing, electrical, carpeting, painting, etc.) is preferred with proficiency in at least one major area.
- Experience with hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance and landscaping including, but not limited to, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, chain saw, key machine, and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions.
- Ability to operate motorized vehicles.
- Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.
- Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- EPA certifiable status is preferred.