IT Engineer - Windows Server and Active Directory
Chicago, IL 60601
We are currently seeking an expert Windows Server and Active Directory (AD) Engineer to join our IT Infrastructure team at our corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL. As our Windows Server and AD Engineer, you will be responsible for successfully managing initiatives related to the implementation of all individually assigned infrastructure components, including the security, design, management and configuration of the Active Directory Infrastructure. You will act as a key technical member for various project teams, and will provide infrastructure support across multiple disparate technologies as part of the standard escalation procedure. As our Windows and AD Engineer, you possess expert level knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems technologies. Additionally, you will anticipate IT industry direction and make recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects. The incumbent is responsible for the SCCM infrastructure as well as the identity management solutions and single sign-On.
- Knowledgeable. You have a broad-based familiarity with the latest technologies of infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation, and management. When it comes to technical knowledge, you are an expert in Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policy, Identity Management, SSO, SCCM, DNS and network file servers. Through your past work experience, you have also successfully demonstrated your ability to make project decisions, monitor project progress, and report timely and accurate results. And to keep your knowledge fresh, you’re often researching new technologies whenever time permits.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams across the organization.
- A Problem Solver. You are a creative thinker, who focuses on the problem as stated and gathers information to identify root cause and achieve an appropriate solution. You also enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting and providing support to IT business partners and end users alike, whenever an unexpected infrastructure issues arises.
- A Collaborator and Business Liaison. You are united with teammates and follow through on commitments, so you are known as a trusted business partner and someone your teammates can count on.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business, even if that means an occasional after-hours project.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand.
- Recommend, plan, and manage the Active Directory Infrastructure at an expert level.
- Manage SSO and Identity Management platforms.
- Understand both client and server Windows operating systems at an expert level.
- Work with the SCCM infrastructure and related components as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of hardware and deployment of software packages as they relate to assigned infrastructure components.
- Generate compliance and inventory reports for all endpoint deployments, including (but not limited to) patching, applications, scripts, updates, etc.
- Develop and maintain procedures and ensure documentation exists for all aspects of installations and operation.
- Extensively test software patches, application deployments, servicing updates, and operating system deployment task sequences/images.
- Research and evaluate new technologies for infrastructure strategies and recommend new software or systems to meet company requirements; subsequently, manage the implementation of changes in such systems.
- Provide third level support to IT business partners and other end users, as necessary; perform situation analysis and make recommendations for solving problems.
- Act as liaison between EQR and vendors, as needed.
- Perform other duties and participate in the successful delivery of special IT projects, as assigned, to continually improve/upgrade the endpoint infrastructure; provide accurate and consistent status reports of progress, as requested.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience is acceptable.
- Minimum 5+ years related experience in enterprise level IT environments performing infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation and management using the latest technology.
- Microsoft MCSA Certification preferred.
- 1+ years experience in project management preferred, along with a demonstrated ability to make project decisions, monitor progress, and report timely and accurate results.
- Experience in creating and defining new architectural models and explaining complex problems or situations is essential.
- Must have the ability to solve infrastructure issues and to manage the associated performance and capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to modify and create Powershell, VB, and batch Scripts.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service skills.
- Good judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies; including estimates for costs, time and resources; prepare statistical reports; complete cost/benefit analysis and conduct business.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like pet insurance and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan