Sunnyvale, CA 94085
MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
This position will work with the Leasing Director to manage projects, programs and processes. Will assist with Acquisitions and Lease Ups regarding the on-site leasing functions; facilitating leasing and hiring, training, and development of property staff; developing and distributing property leasing and marketing resources and training material; assisting with the implementation of marketing, implementation of the strategic lease up plans; provide support to the Leasing Director; other projects as assigned. Frequent travel will be required.
Your day to day:
- Own Supervise one or more Assistant Community manager and Maintenance Groundskeeper
- Maintains a working partnership with local community groups including government officials, law enforcement and fire safety professionals
- Collect rent, security deposits, makes bank deposits and verify resident income
- Ensure timely and accurate re-certifications, both interim and annual
- Manage delinquent accounts, resident receivables and petty cash
- Assist Property Manager with the completion of monthly variance budget reports, annual budget preparation and monitor fiscal status of the property
- Obtain all required program certifications and stay current with compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g. Fair Housing, HUD, TCAC, COS) and ensure property and staff are in total compliance
- Complete annual and interim re-certifications accurately and on schedule
- Assist with completion of MOR/TCAC reviews
What you bring:
- Three or more years of multi-family residential management experience with a minimum of two years Affordable Housing experience. Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws is a plus
- Associate degree, certificate of completion from a trade school, or combination of both education and experience.
- Empathetic, nimble and people focused - you enjoy working with residents
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and competency in basic business math skills
- Tax Credit Specialist or Certified Occupancy Specialist certified or ability to become certified within 6 months of employment
- Competence with Microsoft Office and property management software such as MRI, Yardi, or Boston Post
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, auto insurance and reliable transportation
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- Free on-site parking at HQ
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
- Housing available for select on-site positions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer