Construction Financial Analyst
San Mateo, CA 94401
In this role will report to and assist the Construction Financial Manager in preparing and reviewing reporting prepared by other Construction Accounting Analysts. You will also spend time on special projects assigned by the manager.
- Review and upload into accounting system development, redevelopment, and capital and maintenance services (CMS) contracts and change orders.
- Set up redevelopment units into accounting system to track budgets uses.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for investors.
- Prepare construction loans’ funding requests to lenders, and monthly/quarterly reporting packages.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reporting for management (development, redevelopment, non-revenue generating capex and acquisition capital, structural repairs) or other departments (costs projections/pipelines, forecasts, accounts payable KPI dashboards, deferred depreciation, insurance proceeds and construction payables quarterly variance, accounts payable date and # changes, various analyses for Internal Audit/Tax, etc.).
- Assist with Development projects’ Bond requests, Bonds tracker updates, and quarterly reporting to Development department.
- Update tracker for legal issues, ensuring completeness and accuracy of records, and issue monthly reporting to Legal department.
- Assist with General Contractors’ Due Diligence update for Development projects.
- Assist with review of other Construction Accounting Analysts’ work.
- Backup to other positions in the department as needed.
- Special projects as needed to assist Manager of Construction Accounting.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree; accounting knowledge preferred;
- 1-3 years of experience preferred;
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word;
- Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills, and strong attention to detail; must be able to work independently as well as with others.