Carpinteria, CA 93013
COMMUNITY MANAGER – SHEPARD PLACE APARTMENTS (Carpinteria, CA)
The Towbes Group, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time Community Manager with prior experience managing apartments for residents aged 55 or better. If you are a strong, compassionate leader with a passion for providing outrageous customer service, this may be the opportunity for you.
The Towbes Group has dedicated the last 60 years to the development and management of residential and commercial real estate throughout Santa Barbara and the Tri-county area. With more than 2,500 residential units, and more on the way, the Residential team continues to grow, and we’d like for you to grow with us. Our employees are committed to providing exceptional customer service and we understand the importance of providing professional, quality assistance to our residents in a smoke-free environment.
Our team consists of motivated and talented individuals who work towards a common purpose: to uphold our core values:
- Community – Building lives, projects, and leading by example
- Integrity – Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Quality – Be proud to put your name on it
- Team – We achieve more together
- Customer Service – Exceeding expectations with a positive and responsive attitude
- Return on Investment – Thoughtful risk-taking to maximize rewards
- Sustainability – Adapt for long-term success
Direct and manage all essential multi-family business processes, including:
Oversee all facets of the community operations in a manner that ensures the health, safety, and satisfaction of residents and employees alike
- Maintain community in compliance with all federal, state, and Fair Housing rules and regulations
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service for renters, residents, vendors, and Towbes teammates
- Actively participate in rate setting for new leases and renewals ensuring we are maximizing the value of the asset for the owner
- Maintain the community in compliance with company standards as defined in our P&P Manual, Brand Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- Prepare annual budgets, including capital improvements, and income projections in a timely and accurate manner
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure qualified prospective residents
- Oversee the consistency and effectiveness of all employees’ use of the policies and procedures, including priority wait lists, phone techniques, application verification and notification
- Manage the eviction process and represent the organization in court as needed
- Maintain all resident files including move in forms, move out notices, security dispositions and notifications
- Ensure that maintenance requests are handled on an immediate one-call basis, if possible, and that residents are notified if parts must be ordered, causing a delay.
Qualified candidates should have:
- The ability to inspire and lead a team to achieve leasing and operational goals
- CAM or ARM preferred
- 5+ years multi-family management experience, preferably with senior communities
- Solid understanding of Fair Housing Guidelines
- Experience supervising teams of two or more
- Proficiency in vendor relationships and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of flexibility and ability to effectively manage change
- Advanced level Yardi proficiency
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
The position is salaried, exempt, and full time; we offer a competitive salary, a rewarding work environment, complete health care benefits, 401k plan and company match, paid vacation/sick time programs.
This is an on-site position and a one or two bedroom apartment will be included in the compensation package. A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test will also be required. EOE
Salary Range: $41,000 - $58,000 depending on housing needs in the full compensation package.