Junior Staff Accountant - Corporate Office
Irvine, CA 92602
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for accurate and timely issuance of financial statements for assigned portfolio of apartment community projects on a monthly basis.
- Gathers, researches, analyzes and reconciles accounts from rent collections, payroll activities and vendor payments.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and records the activities of one or more specialized accounting functions accordingly to assigned schedules including preparation of monthly financial statements, completion of monthly bank reconciliations, recording cash receipts, set up of funding as needed and ensures timely payment of mortgages and property taxes.
- Responsible for calculation and payment of management fees, asset fees, payroll advances and owner’s distribution.
- Responsible for fulfilling audit or tax requests, assembling replacement reserve draws to lender, remitting unclaimed property, annual filing of 571’s and entering/uploading budgets.
- Communicates and works closely with onsite personnel, Property Management, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Asset Managers. Other contacts include: banks, lenders and clients.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications to include main frame terminals/personal computers, general software applications and keyboard facility.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ten key by touch required.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under time constraints and meet required deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting required.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status. IND123