Leasing Associate - Colony
Canyon Country, CA 91387
As a Leasing Associate, you will play a crucial role at GHP. You will be the “face” of the company and responsible for making an extraordinary long-lasting first impression. It is you who will be the first contact for our prospective residents and it is you who will be the driving force in helping them find the best place to call home. By combining your passion, knowledge and outstanding customer service skills, you will build connections and show our prospective residents why they should select GHP as their new home.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing and friendly personality, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Provide a memorable leasing experience for prospect residents through completing creative and personalized tours
- Create a sense of community and an outstanding living experience for new residents
- Assists with all prospect inquiries including application process, tour coordination, lease administration, approval process, and move-in process to ensure the new resident has the best move in experience attainable.
- Works closely with the Leasing Manager and our Service teams to ensure the resident moves into an apartment home that is welcoming and ready for move in to the company’s highest standards.
- Demonstrates service excellence through the demonstration of company values, our employee promise, policies and initiatives.
Sales and Marketing:
- Maintains a working knowledge of all community features and benefits and ensures these are showcased during the sales process with all prospects
- Creates excitement through creative campaigns, continuous outreach, and social media
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency when making appointments for future residents to visit the community
- Continuously reach out to potential residents with tailored updates - from the ideal floorplan they’ve had in mind to the best restaurant in the neighborhood
- Creates a pipeline of prospects by ensuring all leads are followed up and addressed
- Adheres to sales and occupancy goals, and service standards by consistently delivering a strong closing ratio
- Shop competitive properties and stays up to date with the competitive space the community operates in
- Develops and maintains an on-going resident retention program through Reputation Management and Marketing Activities
- Maintains a fundamental working knowledge of all lease documentation and resident guide policies and procedures (e.g. Fair Housing guidelines, renter’s insurance policy, lease forms and agreements, etc.)
- Able to communicate leasing qualifications to prospective residents
- Follow the GHP hospitality standards by insuring the 'model' apartments and target apartments are ready for show (e.g. cleanliness, WOW fridge, green apples)
- Organize resident and property files
- Input resident and other pertinent information into Yardi accounting system
- Desire to deliver an exceptional resident and colleague experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Personable, positive, team-oriented mindset
- Ability to multitask, work independently, manage competing requests and priorities
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years' practical experience in sales or customer relations
- Knowledge of Fair Housing preferred
- Previous experience with Mystery Shopping program
- General computer skills required
- Must pass background and drug test screening
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance
- Frequently lift/move/carry 5lbs
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents and visitors
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Constantly operates computer, 10-key and other office productivity machinery.
- Constantly works in low to moderate noise levels
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time