Service Maintenance Technician ll- Medic
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, will be responsible for the completion of general maintenance tasks including service requests, turnover functions and building maintenance in order to assist in maintaining and preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein:
- Responsible for daily repair and upkeep of the property.
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service to all residents and completing maintenance work order requests
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or GHP Management Corporation and maintaining a clean work area.
- Must be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Completes tasks related to basic plumbing, i.e., leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and repair running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets, caulking
- Touches up painting and including wall preparation, sanding and color matching, and making small application skills. As necessary due to staffing shortages or operational needs is assigned complete unit painting projects to meet market ready requirements.
- Completes minimal appliance repairs and services such as: replaces burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc.
- Completes simple electrical tasks such as – installing switches, plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, and servicing exhaust fans
- Replaces, adjusts, and installs key lock, bolts, window locks, and as necessary makes keys, and installs latches
- Repairs and replaces screens and doors as appropriate
- Participates and assists in major appliance installations
- Completes all turnover punch lists detailing the unit in order to turnover units ensuring that the unit is ready for resident move in or market ready
- Completes simple carpentry work such as – changing closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods.
- Completes drywall repairs where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Serves as Senior Maintenance Technician for the team and as such is responsible for completing more complex tasks.
- Mentors other Maintenance Technicians and helps with their development and learning of new techniques and skills
- 2-3 years in property management or hospitality as a technician or similar experience
- HVAC certified a plus
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand basic instructions verbally or in written form
- Ability to multi‐task and have good organizational skills
- This position works indoor in a climate controlled environment with low to moderate noise levels.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to frequently climb, kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl
- Must be able to use and handle small tools such as screwdrivers, power drills, hammers, wrenches and like devices.