Property Manager - Student Housing
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Growing Student Housing Management company seeks a hard-charging, well-organized and problem-solving Property Manager that will oversee our portfolio of properties and manage our property management staff. The ideal candidate has the capacity and expertise to take our portfolio to the next level of growth (100 properties and 1,000+ student residents).
- 3 to 5 years of residential property management experience and at least 1 year of directly managing and working with staff, third-party vendors and clients. Previous student housing experience is a major plus.
- Strong customer service and resident relations skills
- Proactive, prioritizes effectively, works independently, resourceful, multi-tasker
- Proficiency in Appfolio Property Management software a strong plus
- Preferred: California real estate salesperson’s license, fluent in Spanish, IREM ARM or CPM Certification, experience with SCEP inspections and LA-RSO
The primary areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for hiring & training Property Management Personnel including, Maintenance Staff, Assistant Property Managers and Property Administrators
- Responsible for making recommendations for disciplinary action or dismissal of Property Management Personnel to the Upper Management Team.
- Primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of all properties to ensure that they are in compliance with established policies and procedures, property management agreements, and with the owner’s overall goals and objectives
- Monitor and enforce the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases
- Inspect properties periodically and maintain properties by resolving resident complaints and maintenance requests, enforcing rules of occupancy and working with our third-party vendors and service providers
- Maintain best-in-market curb appeal for all properties in the portfolio
- Create Annual Capital and Operating Expense Budgets for all properties in the portfolio
- Perform monthly Budget Variance Reporting to identify issues and opportunities to maximize Net Operating Income for the portfolio
- Direct all activities of the maintenance staff to maintain properties, identify problem areas, and provide first-class maintenance service to tenants
- Direct all activities of the Property Coordinators and other Property management staff
- Provide Weekly Reports to the Upper Management and Executive teams for review
- Identify reliable and cost-effective third-party vendors and negotiate service contracts
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with both residents and property owners in accordance with Mosaic’s philosophy and values
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local Fair Housing Laws
- Address tenant issues from both residents and co-signers and find win-win solutions to solutions for problems with minimal need for input from Upper Management
- Keep an open dialogue with property owner on vacancies, residents, physical condition of property, etc.
Turnover - This position will also oversee the annual fall turnover for all properties. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing student housing turn. The Property Manager will have full P&L responsibility for the performance of turn and must be competent in the following areas:
- Preparation and management of a Turnover budget
- Staffing planning for the execution of turnover
- Allocating current labor resources and hiring additional seasonal labor as necessary to complete the project
- Procuring contractors and executing contracts for turnover work to be perform
- Managing pre- and final inspections of all units
- Managing the move-out, maintenance, painting, and cleaning of all units to have them move-in ready for all new tenants
- Oversee tenant charge-backs and work with accounting to distribute Final Account Statements
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000 D.O.E.
Position is Exempt.