Director of Asset Management
San Francisco, CA 94102
Director of Asset Management leads the implementation of the Company’s Active Adult Platform strategies, programs, policies, and initiatives related to investment management associated with the underwriting of the portfolio of owned assets, and partners with Real Estate Operations to implement specific plans and programs that achieve the financial, investment, and operating goals of the assigned portfolio.
- Leads initiatives, activities and strategies by researching, analyzing, and identifying new investment opportunities supported by market opinions, contacting and meeting with potential clients, preparing and presenting financial proposals, and overseeing the take-over and transition of new properties either acquired or developed.
- Maintains and manages client equity relationships and satisfaction by maintaining on-going communication, providing detailed reports, market updates, and financial analysis on the performance of the portfolios, acting quickly and with urgency to address client concerns, questions, or requests, and reviewing and acting on client satisfaction survey results.
- Develops market and asset reviews to evaluate the overall operational and financial results for the asset portfolio, surfaces and discusses issues and potential challenges that threaten portfolio performance, and presents recommendations, plans, and strategies for enhancing value and improving financial returns.
- Manages and ensures the portfolio’s compliance with debt and equity providers, develops and provides reports to investment committee and equity partners, monitors investment performance, returns, and forecasts through DCF financial modeling, and recommends methods to optimize returns at the asset and subsequently the portfolio level.
- Measures, evaluates and reports on the portfolio’s performance against budget and investment proforma, managing and monitoring cash flow, making strategic recommendations on asset capitalization, and preparing monthly and quarterly client portfolio/performance reports.
- Reviews market, economic, and capital trends and factors impacting the performance of the portfolio, prepares and delivers presentations and updates to investment committee/equity partners, and participates in formulating the long-term disposition and exit strategy for the assets.
- Develops and leads revenue-enhancing and expense containment programs and initiatives at the property level, monitors resident turnover and satisfaction indicators, and identifies and acts on opportunities to drive operational excellence to enhance value.
- Interacts with the capital projects group to execute rehab and other capital improvements.
- Four-year and advanced degrees in Real Estate, Business, or Finance, and/or equivalent experience. (MBA preferred)
- Strong background and comprehension of the real estate industry and, in particular, property management, with a solid understanding of property-level operations, marketing, and asset management.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an operational and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs