Sr Accountant, Financial Reporting
San Mateo, CA 94401
- Key team member in the preparation of the Company's public reports including the quarterly supplemental analyst package and SEC filings (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Form 4 etc.).
- Preparation of financial statements, footnotes and related supporting schedules in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Coordinate with management, external auditors and other internal resources to enable timely review of SEC Filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.
- Work closely with CFO, CAO, senior management, bankers, legal counsel, auditors and others within the organization to prepare registration filings for equity and debt issuances as needed.
- Assist in the quarterly dividend pay-out process and monitor the Company’s outstanding share count.
- Work closely with the Investor Relations Team to prepare for the annual proxy filing.
- Prepare various technical accounting/policy memos based on current or new GAAP guidance, often involving complex accounting topics.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to CAO, CFO, and Executive Management, as needed.
- Assist tax reporting team on an as needed basis in preparation of tax related reporting requirements.
- Assist the Treasury Team for outgoing wire approvals, as needed.
- Participate in the coordination of various department projects as applicable to continue to build efficiencies.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- CPA required.
- Real estate accounting a plus and SEC experience strongly preferred.
- B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior Big 4 audit experience preferred (2-4 years).
- Industry experience preferred (2+ years).
- Dedicated team player who is flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Perceptive, self-starter with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Able to juggle several projects at once and know how to prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Organized and have good attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (Excel and other MS Office applications).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Yardi experience a plus.