Part Time Administrative Assistant
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Administrative Assistants are detail-oriented, resourceful, team-focused, flexible, and efficient office professionals who provide broad administrative support to the department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to compiling reports, maintaining files, managing staff calendars, organizing travel arrangements, answering phones, and assisting with miscellaneous projects. Administrative Assistants may also perform some bookkeeping activities. This is a part time position, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- A Detail-Oriented and Accountable Multitasker. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work, ensuring that all documentation is prepared in an accurate and professional manner. You are organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently—even if they’re tight. Above all, you are flexible and able to adjust to the changing priorities of the business and/or the executives you support.
- An Excellent Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others and demonstrating your ability to be understood. You consistently employ good grammar and spelling skills and know how to organize your written communication in order to effectively get your message across.
- Able to Maintain confidentiality. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
- Reliable. Because you consistently follow through on meeting your deliverables, your co-workers and business partners are confident that they can count on you.
- Technologically Savvy. Tools like email and internet access start as basic necessities in your daily operation and you are comfortable using computers. You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and also enjoy learning new tools, technology, and/or software to help you most effectively get the job done.
- Professional. You consistently maintain a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks and personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Caring. You put yourself in others’ shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Keep your department organized and on schedule, which includes maintaining daily calendars plus itineraries for travel and related off-site plans.
- Organize meetings and set up conference rooms.
- Arrange travel schedules and prepare Travel and Expense reports.
- Prepare and distribute reports and correspondence as needed.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls, provide assistance when possible, and route other calls to appropriate personnel.
- Place calls as requested to internal and external customers, clients, and vendors to obtain or provide information, schedule or confirm meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining files, copying, mailings, faxes and overnight shipments
- Assist office personnel, including other Administrative Assistants with projects and correspondence as needed.
- Perform or assist in special projects as assigned by direct supervisor or other office management as needed.
- Attend meetings to take notes, transcribe memos and letters, and type and proofread memos, letters and reports utilizing Google and Microsoft Office programs.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personnel information and executive decisions
- 3+ years administrative experience.
- Must have strong organizational skills with an ability to work independently, while meeting tight deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner. Thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling required to ensure that all documentation is prepared in an accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with an ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize various responsibilities.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets). Able to learn new systems and technology quickly (Ops Technology, MRI, etc).
- Small business bookkeeping experience and/or Accounting coursework preferred.
- College degree or coursework.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan