Mountain View, CA 94035
Our Community Managers are smart, savvy team leaders with a passion for customer service and a strong business acumen. They are accountable for all aspects of their property’s operations, including financial performance, resident satisfaction and retention, and developing an engaged and productive team. They monitor a wide array of performance metrics, implement strategies to meet operational and leasing goals, analyze and respond to changing market conditions, and identify areas for improvement. As a Community Manager, you will direct sales activities, leasing administration, and maintenance initiatives at your property, exemplifying Equity Residential’s brand each and every day by thinking like an owner and ensuring that your team members have the resources they need to be successful while enjoying the ride.
At Equity, being a manager is much more than sitting behind a desk directing others; we believe in leading by example and walking in the shoes of the people you manage. As a Community Manager, you will be out on the sales floor with your leasing team, inspecting the community with your maintenance professionals, and communicating and building rapport with your residents. You will be an expert on your community and submarket, including market conditions, competitor pricing, and new and pending lease-up developments. Overall, you are the business leader at your property; overseeing the entire operation including team performance and development, resident satisfaction, and financial success.
- A Leader. You will provide leadership and mentoring to your team, promoting a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
- Organized and Accountable. You have exceptional time management abilities and are able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at the community while accomplishing objectives through training and motivating a high-performing team.
- Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
- Levelheaded. You keep your cool during stressful situations and quickly find solutions.
- Flexible and Adaptable. You understand that the world does not exist through black and white lenses and embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- Confident and Decisive. You take initiative, trust your gut, and are not afraid to make a decision or deliver a difficult message.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals and help your team reach theirs.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations and training.
- Connect people to community through effective leasing administration and training of your team.
- Show off our community by prioritizing curb appeal and maintaining accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the property and market.
- Manage the leasing process by guiding the team through effective sales strategies and follow-through.
- Support maintenance operations by partnering with your Maintenance Manager to provide a sparkling product through preventive maintenance, timely and efficient repairs, and a highly organized make-ready process.
- Partner with your Regional Manager to prepare and follow an operating budget and to plan community capital improvements, repairs, contract developments, and negotiations.
- Orchestrate all accounting functions associated with the property, including processing invoices, paying bills, and assisting the Central Business Group (CBG) with collections, evictions, and managing resident accounts and charges.
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any issues that arise.
- Drive the community to continued operational success by proposing income-producing opportunities such as competitive pricing and value-add community enhancements.
- Focus on performance metrics ranging from your community’s Customer Loyalty Score to sales conversion rates to apartment turnover efficiency - and everything in between.
- Minimum 2 years residential property management experience with working knowledge of tenant and eviction laws
- Experience leading a high-performing team
- Familiarity and comfort with performance metrics, sales quotas, and financial concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- College degree or related coursework in business, accounting, hospitality, or property management
- Demonstrated ability to secure leases and to exceed sales goals
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan