Maintenance Technician / Janitor
Oakland, CA 94607
Full-time with great benefits! Join our solid maintenance team at Oak Center Towers in Oakland and make an impact in the lives of our senior residents. This role has combined duties of both facilities maintenance and janitorial where resident customer service is a priority. The Maintenance Tech / Janitor reports to the Maintenance Manager and works a 40 hour work week.
- Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition
- Perform heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, vacuuming, and shampooing rugs
- Perform routine maintenance tasks: painting, minor carpentry, general plumbing, and basic electrical maintenance
- The Janitor may repair, move, assemble, and install heavy equipment and furniture
- Assist in some housekeeping, janitorial work as necessary including mopping, dusting, cleaning windows and wash garbage cans
- Dispose of building trash and make sure the inside and outside areas are clean and neat
- Maintain working condition of cleaning equipment
- The Janitor participates in Facility Emergency Plan training and fire drills with the Maintenance Team.
- Previous experience in cleaning, janitorial, maintenance, or other related fields
- Experience with hand power tools
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Background check and pre-employment physical required