Part Time Dock Master - El Centro Apartments
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Western National Property Management is looking to fill a Part Time Dock Master position at El Centro Apartment Homes, a 507 unit community in Hollywood, CA. The Dock Master performs functions that are vital to the operation of a loading dock as it relates to deliveries, shipments and contractor access control. The Associate will manage the loading dock area for control and facilitation of deliveries and contractor vehicles.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the deliveries and operations of the loading dock.
- Ensures that only commercial and authorized vehicles have access to the dock area.
- Directs traffic by facilitating access for contractors and vendors, and resolves logistical and/or loading conflicts.
- Coordinates and manages dock delivery schedules for retail, residential and leasing office.
- Ensures proper documentation and delivery of packages to retail tenants and the lobby desk.
- Manages and schedules waste and pallet pickup, while adhering to disposal policies and communicating with waste hauling company for scheduling pick-ups.
- Understands the needs of the tenants and priorities of the building and assists in managing and resolving issues related to the dock in a proactive manner.
- Completes dock related reports as required.
- Communicates with residents and tenants via telephone, email, and in person to schedule move-ins, move-outs, and deliveries as required.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of the dock area for daily operations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi and Property Management software; must possess strong computer skills and typing ability.
- Must be available to work weekends, non-traditional holidays, on-call, or when needed due to business or emergency needs.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively and professionally through verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to interact and get along with others.
- Strong customer service, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of loading docks.
- Traffic management skills.
- Knowledge of the building tenant base.
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to provide ongoing constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of freight elevators and how they operate.
- Proven conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; maintain current auto insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Two (2) years general building/community security experience is strongly preferred.
Competitive hourly salary
401K savings plan with company participation
On-going training and advancement opportunities
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status. IND123