Assistant Manager - Dalt Hotel
San Francisco, CA 94102
Please Apply Here: http://www.tndc.org/careers-tn...
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in the overall operation of the property, day to day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that ensure a well-managed, well-maintained building; maintains acceptable occupancy level and develops a supportive environment for all residents. The Assistant Manager must also establish and maintain effective working relationships with on-site support services staff and must relate well to people, exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with residents, visitors, vendors, support services and staff. In the absence of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager is required to provide leadership in developing a community and in directing the staff.
- Assist the General Manager in maintaining property wait list and process applications in conformance with compliance regulations which includes screening, interviewing and processing applicants to fill building vacancies.
- Assist the General Manager with the marketing of vacant units in accordance with an approved marketing plan which considers all federal, state, local and regulatory requirements.
- Meet regularly with tenant services staff with General Manager.
- Work collaboratively with building social worker to organize resident celebrations and events.
- Attend and participate in professional activities, meetings, organizations, regulatory agency meetings or inspections, as needed.Assist in submitting required internal and external reports.
Assist in managing tenant relations:
- Ensure efficient and courteous response to all tenant requests.
- Respond promptly to tenant complaints and incident reports.
- Maintain congenial relationships with all tenants.
- Provide competent conflict resolution.
- Understand and is sensitive to cultural background, economic status and those with special needs.
- Assist in ensuring consistent application of property rules and regulations, lease and lease addendums, and document and report all violations.
Assist in ensuring security of the building:
- Respond promptly to building emergencies and resident crises.
- Report any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
Prepare resident re-certifications by:
- Interviewing residents.
- Obtaining appropriate documentation and completing certification and submitting to General Manager for initial approval.
- Manage resident evictions and stipulations in compliance with court order as directed by General Manager.
- Assist in resident move-in/move-out procedures and unit inspections.
Collect rent and account for monies collected:
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Ensure timely collection of subsidy and tenant receivables.
- Submits vacancy loss reimbursements.
- Enter payments into OneSite monitor tenant receivables.
Directly supervise desk clerks including:
- Recruiting and hiring for vacant desk clerk positions.
- Approving timesheets.
- Preparation of employee evaluations and recommendations for discipline or promotions.
- Monitor building expenditures and prepare payables for approval by General Building Manager.
Manage the day-to-day administration of the property office:
- Ensure the office is clean, professional and in a well-organized manner.
- Answer telephones.
- Sort, distribute, open and answer mail daily.
- Responsible for the inventory and order necessary administrative supplies and equipment
- Maintain files, records, rental agreements and other documents.
- Schedule maintenance repairs, generate and file completed work orders and follow-ups, as appropriate.
- Maintain a businesslike and professional appearance.
- Be available by cell phone at all times for emergencies.
- Assist the General Manager with special projects and administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with, and sensitivity to, a diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population.
- Ability to work independently and exercise own judgment in problem-solving.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations; possess an even temperament and strong interpersonal and people skills.
- Associate degree, certificate of completion from a trade school and/or one or more years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with conflict resolution, crisis intervention and resident relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge on Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook are essential. OneSite Software knowledge a plus.
- Have combination of skills that demonstrate familiarity with the general management of subsidized housing programs.
- Knowledge of substance abuse and homelessness issues.
- Prior experience with nonprofit residential property management.
- Tax Credit Specialist, Certified Occupancy Specialist designations and/or equivalents is a plus.
- Second language ability.
|Send to a Friend|
| Please wait...
Email this Job Ad to your friend(s) by adding their email address(es) along with your details to the field below: *Separate each recipient email address with a comma.
Recipient email address(es): *
Your First Name: *
Your Last Name: *
Select which language the email should be sent in.Language: English (US) * Send
| This Job Opening is already listed as one of your Interests. You cannot add the same Job Opening to your list of Interests more than one time.
To see your list of Interests, navigate to the Application Status tab within My Profile |
|Log In Cancel OK|