Regional Portfolio Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90017
As the Regional Portfolio Manager, you are a team builder and leader who provides support, mentorship and direction to ensure high level of Employee and Resident Engagement.
You are responsible for achieving revenue growth, occupancy goals and the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your assigned portfolio. You accomplish these goals through leading your teams in creating the greatest possible living experience and well-being of all individuals associated with the communities, both team members and residents. You thrive on sharing your knowledge and creating a better future for GHP. You are the number one Ambassador of the GHP Culture and Vision.
Responsibilities as listed below. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Customer Experience and Leadership:
- Provides leadership for the portfolio by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the teams to achieve it.
- Oversees Move-In and Move-Out experience provided by the portfolio and the overall resident engagement.
- Promotes and upholds company values, employee promise, policies, and initiatives.
- Efficiently handles escalated resident requests and concerns.
- Ensures timely communication with team and stakeholders to anticipate and prevent future concerns.
- Selects, hires, trains, coaches and provides feedback to the teams to deliver Service Excellence.
- Owns the employee experience, drives employee satisfaction and elevates team behaviors.
- Establishes a learning culture and maintains a strong connection of the community teams to GHP.
- Performs comprehensive annual reviews of all direct reports, and ensures all staff reporting into your region are receiving adequate reviews. Creates personal goals for individuals.
- Sales and Marketing:
- Monitors rental activity including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, closing ratios and notices to ensure financial performance requirements for assigned communities are being met.
- Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the competitive property markets within assigned portfolio and ensures Community Managers are up to date on opportunities and areas of focus.
- Regularly conducts market analysis and develops leasing and pricing strategy accordingly.
- Monitors, oversees and implements reputation management strategy both within the GHP expectations and property needs.
- Develops and oversees an on-going resident retention program.
- Financial Performance
- Maintains fiscal oversight and is responsible for YOY revenue growth, income maximization and expense control for assigned portfolio.
- Provides monthly financial analysis/strategy to meet portfolio goals.
- Prepares monthly and/or quarterly variance reports and analysis of projected annual variances from budget.
- Prepares annual operating and capital expense budgets for approval.
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices ensuring these are inspected for vendor delivered services, confirmation of negotiated price and budget compliance.
- Monitors delinquency management program and ensures assigned properties are taking preventative steps to reduce evictions and write-offs.
- Works closely with the Accounting team on month-end activities to ensure financials are accurate and accounting activities have been completed by the portfolio.
- Visits properties on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure compliance in all facets of the properties performance, including occupancy and leasing goals.
- Conducts property walks with Regional Maintenance Managers, Service Managers and Community Managers to ensure that the property consistently meets GHP standards, including curb appeal, cleanliness, asset preservation, state of repair, safety and security standards.
- Oversees the vendor selection and negotiation process and monitors vendor performance.
- Regularly audits property onsite files to ensure proper resident qualification and screening processes are being followed in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Ensures compliance with Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Customer-Centric – Put the customer, both internal and external, at the heart of everything.
- Leadership - Has an ability to inspire and lead others to goal achievement through day to day interaction.
- Analytical - Regularly makes decisions and solved problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Business and Financial Acumen - Must be able to synthesis complex financial information and interpret financial results.
- Communication - Communicates with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Conflict Resolution - Has an ability to remain calm during difficult situations, resolve conflicts and negotiating with others handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Organization and Project Management - Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work.
- 5+ years managing a resident apartment portfolio with 2,500+ units with 3-5 years’ experience as onsite property/community manager or area portfolio manager experience, 3-5 years managing a multi- site portfolio and/or a combination.
- 1-2 years’ experience with financial budget development, management and oversight for portfolio of properties
- 1-3 years’ experience using industry software such as Pop Card, Yardi or equivalent Property Management software, Resident Screening Software and intermediate level user of business applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Associates Degree in Business Administration and/or ARM or CPM certification required. Bachelors’ Degree or higher preferred.
- Must be able to regularly travel to multiple property locations daily/weekly/monthly within assigned portfolio as well as company meetings and conferences which may include air travel.
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance
- Frequently lift/move/carry 5lbs
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents and visitors
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Constantly operates computer, 10-key and other office productivity machinery.
- Constantly works in low to moderate noise levels
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions