Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Aperto Property Management, Inc. is a growing Multifamily Property Management Company. We are currently searching for an experienced on-site Property Manager to join our team in Redondo Beach, CA.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: Responsible for the overall operation, and the day-to-day implementation of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure a well-managed and maintained Community. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws; maintains acceptable and supportive environment for all residents; manages site staff and their duties, interacts with and supervises vendors.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates staff necessary to carry out variance assignment at the community.
- Identifies appropriate contactors, defines scope of work and obtains necessary bids
- Perform property inspections to maintain curb appeal and to assess any maintenance issues.
- Screen, interview, hire, train and successfully lead property staff.
- Address resident concerns including but not limited to: property repairs, neighbor disagreements and renewal agreements,
- Prepare annual budget, monthly variance reports and process invoices
- Provide and implement strategic marketing plans to attract and retain residents.
- Understand the local market and shop similar complexes to gain a competitive advantage.
- Create a positive company culture for employee retention.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports as required by Regional Manager
- Promptly report property liability claims, employee worker’s compensation claims, and property loss claims according to company policy.
- Approve payroll for all staff members including commissions and bonuses when/if applicable.
- Keep abreast of company-wide initiatives and gain buy-in from team mates.
- Advocate Risk Management initiatives for employee safety.
- Onesite and Yardi experience helpful
Key Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 3 years of experience in the property management industry
- Clear understanding of GLs, budgeting and marketing plans.
- Clear grasp of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Proficient in reading and writing English
- Ability to work effectively with common Microsoft software applications
- Exceptional customer service abilities.
- Ability to empathize with residents and staff while still enforcing community rules and policies
- Excellent problem solving, listening and reasoning skills
We provide an employee-friendly workplace where our associates are empowered to take initiative, good work is noticed and rewarded, and there is a distinct culture of learning and development
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly-growing, progressive organization and take charge of your career. Aperto Management offers a competitive salary with a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, bonuses, 401K program with company match, holidays and more.
Aperto Property Management, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer