Cesar Chavez Foundation
Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Cesar Chavez Foundation is seeking a qualified Maintenance/Facilities Director to be responsible for planning, interpreting, organizing, and managing projects through all phases of development. Oversees all capital improvement projects, prepares and assists on the scheduling of these projects, to ensure efficient utilization of resources. It is essential that the Maintenance/Facilities Director works effectively with other service lines to provide seamless, coordinated and integrated delivery of multiple services. This position is responsible for establishing client relationship, directing and monitoring all project activities and the ability to develop and understand contractual liabilities.
The Maintenance/Facilities Director is expected to manage and monitor major & minor Construction activities: Project initiation, cost estimating, planning, competitive bidding, cost effectiveness, quality assurance, timely completion and vendor payment in an efficient manner.
RESPONSIBLITIES: Under the direction of the Director of Property Management the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide individual guidance and motivation to staff to enable performance of staff’s fullest potential.
- Creates scopes of work for Cap Ex/Non-Recurring budget items to keep in line with goals and maintain continuity and cohesiveness of the projects.
- Monitor bidding process and project completion to ensure time lines essential to government inspections, fiscal year ends and other company needs are meet.
- Train/Educate Maintenance staff in inspection and prioritizing repairs.
- Create property specific maintenance plans
- Address all non-compliance or other adverse notices related to physical condition or operation of the building systems.
- Monitor alignment of service requests and repairs with approved budgeting, inspection issues and long term asset preservation /maintenance plans.
- Inspect properties and coordinate with RPS’s and onsite personnel to ensure work orders are completed on a timely manner and unit make ready are completed on time.
- Maintaining a safe secure & professional environment for all associates, customers, guests by adhering to all OSHA requirements and established safety policies.
- Track project status, job costs, and effectively manage construction trades.
- Assures construction administration activities emphasize on efficiency, quality assurance, and code compliance.
- Works with vendors to ensure that all construction services are delivered according to contract specifications, on budget, according to schedule and with a high standard of quality.
- Managing cost reports, analyzing budget variances and recommending strategies to lower project costs; reviewing labor quantities and phases to facilitate accurate project tracking.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have at least 10 years of experience working in Multi-Family Property Maintenance Supervision with knowledge of standard industry practices in property management.
- Highly skilled in the building trades with emphasis on mechanical systems repair, service, and installation (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).
- Experience in large scale renovation projects – both interior and exterior.
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Yardi Voyager.
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams.
- Availability to work flexible hours as required and to be on-call in response to emergency situations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.