Santa Barbara, CA 93111
COMMUNITY MANAGER – Patterson Place Apartments, Santa Barbara, CA
The Towbes Group has dedicated the last 60 years to developing and managing residential and commercial real estate throughout Santa Barbara and the Tri-county area. With more than 2,500 residential units and more on the way, our residential portfolio is growing!
We are currently looking to hire a full-time Community Manager to lead the day-to-day operations at Patterson Place Apartments. We take great pride in providing a quality living experience for our residents and we invite you to apply.
Patterson Place Apartments, is smoke-free, 168 multi-family apartments located in the expanding central coast city of Santa Barbara, CA. Offering a quiet, inviting and relaxed environment amidst exotic flowering trees, and towering eucalyptus trees shading the manicured grounds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the day-to-day sales, service, and financial operations
- Command of all Fair Housing regulations and standards as defined in our Policies & Procedures Manual, Brand Playbook, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- Demonstrate the highest level of leadership with residents, vendors, and staff
- Actively participate in establishing rates for new leases and renewals
- Prepare annual budgets, including capital improvements, and income projections in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain complete and accurate resident files
- Ensure all maintenance requests get completed promptly, and that work is complete to the satisfaction of the resident and Towbes Group quality standards
- Attract prospective residents by utilizing multiple marketing strategies
- Host community functions weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Participate in local city events and chamber associations
- Oversee training for consistent sales and service standards for your team
- Ensure consistency and effectiveness of policies and procedures, priority wait lists, phone techniques, application verification and notification
- Manage the eviction process and represent the owner in court as needed
- The ability to inspire and lead a team to achieve leasing and operational goals
- CAM or ARM preferred
- 5+ years multi-family management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Fair Housing Guidelines
- Experience leading and supervising teams of three or more
- Proficient in vendor relationships and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of flexibility and ability to effectively manage change
- Advanced level Yardi proficiency
- Computer literacy, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
In addition to a competitive salary, health care benefits, 401k plan with a liberal company match, and paid vacation/sick time programs; the Community Manager will be may be required to live on-site in a one or two bedroom apartment.
A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test will also be required. EOE
Salary Range $41,000 - $58,000 depending on housing needs in the full compensation package.