Service Technician - Amerige Point
Fullerton, CA 92831
Redefine Excellence. Join a team that is driven by excellence, integrity, passion and dedication. Greystar, the nation’s largest multifamily property management company and industry leader, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Technician to join our team! As part of the Greystar team, you will have a tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement, and be able to work with the best in the apartment industry.
Our Service Technicians play an important role in maintaining a safe environment, as well as, a luxurious appearance of the property for our residents. This is accomplished by:
- Responding to resident requests for maintenance and service by troubleshooting the problem and taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization; escalates problem to supervisor or outside contractor as necessary.
- Completing the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Supporting cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Demonstrating customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assisting in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Position requires a minimum of 1 year general maintenance experience and at least 6 months apartment maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to handle tile work, carpentry and drywall repair, be able to troubleshoot and repair HVAC, plumbing, electric, major appliances, and all other systems on property (gates, irrigation systems, etc.).
- Availability to participate in on-call emergency rotation and respond to emergencies after hours as needed.
- HVAC Certification and Certification in Pool Maintenance (CPO) strongly preferred.
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you!
What's In It for You?
Great work environment– Integrity-Respect-Professionalism-Accountability-Service-Team Work. They’re thevalues we live and work by,reflecting who we are and the quality of our relationships. As a Greystar team member, you’ll hear a lot about them and our commitment to creating memorable experiences. We believe in always going that extra step for our residents, our communities and each other.
Excellent compensation– In addition to a competitive salary, we'll provide you with world-class benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, educational reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program, generous holiday and vacation package, and more!
Visit our website at www.greystar.com. EOE
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs