San Jose, CA 95125
Multi-Site Community Director (San Jose and Concord)
Are you seeking an integral management opportunity with an established and growing company that is recognized as a leader in real estate development and property management?
At New Standard Equities, Community Directors are responsible for the overall operations of their community; including (but not limited to): leading, guiding, and motivating onsite teams, team development, monitoring financials, staff and operational performance, resident relations, community aesthetics, and managing third-party service providers.
Community Directors ensure alignment with company expectations of service standards and meeting revenue and expense targets, and they supervise areas including the strategic, financial, and operational management of the property, while optimizing net operating income through strict adherence of New Standard Equities’ policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budget and monthly report preparation
- Recruit, hire, mentor and manage community staff
- Manage the month-end accounting process
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of operational distribution reports
- Develop and manage all financials and revenue goals, including budget, in accordance with financial key metrics
- Provide monthly analysis and explanation of variances
- Coordinate resident move-ins and move-outs, as well as, approve and execute all leases
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the lease, including court appearances/testimony as needed
- Negotiate/Manage/Facilitate service providers to ensure top quality work is performed in compliance of the contract and in a timely manner
- Proactively resolve resident requests and issues
- Ensure the highest level of customer experience is provided by shadowing sales, office and maintenance team members to identify areas of opportunity
- Adherence to all Company policies and procedures
- Manage accounts receivable to ensure timely collection of rent by following company policy for non-payment, and provide monthly accounts receivable comments
- Ensure all legal paperwork and actions are in process by working independently or with legal or accounting departments
- Review and provide approval for invoices; ensures all team approvals have been managed within their own established thresholds
- Prepare and present business plan results to senior leadership
- Direct responsibility for assigned team – responsibilities include training, coaching, recognition, performance management and career development; including annual appraisals and development plans. Hold team meetings, including daily huddles, to foster communication and collaboration amongst the team
- Prepare, review, and understand respective market area, which includes having knowledge of competitive properties, local business conditions, and any other conditions that have an impact on the operation of the properties
- Other duties as required
SELECTION CRITERIA: Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- California Real Estate Sales license strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in multifamily industry
- 1+ years of experience as Community Manager/Director
- Understanding of maintenance operations on an apartment community
- Understanding of landlord tenant law to include Fair Housing Laws
- Excellent computer, communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Working Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Yardi Voyager
- Effective administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to train, lead and motivate
- Team player with a strong work ethic and ability to interact with a variety of people and personality types
- Ability to solve problems involving residents, personnel, finances, and emergency situations while remaining calm and professional
- Must be flexible to work after-hours in emergency situations. The work schedule will be based on the needs of the property, and will require evenings and weekends.
INTERESTED? Please express your interest by replying to this job posting. You may also fax your resume to us at 310-362-0461, or you may complete an employment application online at www.newstandardequities.com/the-careers. If you are unable to access the site using the link, please copy and paste the URL in a new browser window.
New Standard Equities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.