Assistant property Manager
Fremont, CA 94536
Position Summary: The Assistant Property Manager has full responsibility for maximizing all phases and performance of their property. Direct and supervise all staff to achieve the financial and occupancy goals of the community while maintaining the property in good physical condition and appearance. Thorough understanding of the competitive market, budget management and providing exceptional service are required. Manager will also implement policies and procedures, supervise maintenance of building and grounds, administrative functions and monitor the performance of vendors and contractors.
Essential Job Function:
- Lease available apartments to prospective residents.
- Prepares applications, monies due, and lease files for move–ins.
- Shows model and vacant apartment to potential residents.
- Answer telephones, forward messages, log calls and traffic.
- Checks applicant’s background for lease eligibility and forwards to on–site manager.
- Prepares various daily activity reports, such as rental and traffic reports.
- Maintains files on current residents, past residents, renewals, monthly activity, move–in and move–outs.
- Follows up on all visitors with either telephone calls or written correspondence.
- Write accurate Service Orders Request for the maintenance department.
- Type leases, warning notices, rental information, other correspondence.
- Markets the property by contact with local business and community groups.
- Inspect property on a continual basis for cleanliness while performing other duties. Picks up trash and debris as necessary.
- Organize and attends social functions for property.
- Performs clerical work such as data entry, word processing, typing, copying, faxing, filing, and delivering of notices, etc.
- Prepares models for showing morning.
- Other duties:
- Sells and markets property.
- Compiles information for newsletters.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
- Walk move –in prior to move date.
- Follow established policies and procedures regarding the qualifications screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Maintain company customer service standards
- Participate in company training classes and meetings, as required.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds in various forms.
- May be required to sit for extended periods while performing job functions, and accurately work on computer and other equipment.
- Required to stand and/or be in continuous motion for extended periods while performing job functions and physical endurance.
- Must be able to climb stairs on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Must be capable of working under pressure, as well ad organizing and planning efficiently.