El Cerrito, CA 94530
Compensation: Non Exempt/hourly. Position is eligible for overtime.
The Maintenance Manager/Technician under the direction of the Property Manager is responsible for safely maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the community. Main duties include diagnosing problems and making repairs, ensuring all up-keep, inventory and repairs of grounds, common areas, amenities, apartments and buildings of the community are completed in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Will schedule and directly supervise all in-house and contracted related maintenance
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. The position requires the ability to read and write English correctly and fluently. In addition, the position requires the ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
2. Experience: A minimum of one to two years of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade. Maintenance of older properties may also require previous experience in renovation.
Maintenance Supervisor is also expected to be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools. Potential candidates must have strong management skills, with experience in interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and developing a staff of 3 or more. Supervisor will ensure all maintenance activities follow OSHA and company safety policies at all times.
3. Skills: Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major appliance.
- HVAC systems.
- Basic intermediate plumbing.
- Basic intermediate electrical (when no license required).
- General carpentry.
- Pool care (if required by property).
- Pest control (if required by property).
- Wallpaper/painting (all roofing work will be completed by licensed, insured contractors).
- In addition, the position requires the following skills:
- Ability to deal with people.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to read and write English correctly and fluently.
- Ability to drive a car.
4. Licenses: The following licenses are required:
- EPA certification for Freon recycling (properties with AC systems).
- A valid drivers license and current automobile insurance.
- Pest control (if done in house).
- Other licenses and certification required by law.
5. Training: Certification, licenses as State or Municipalities require.