El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Education: Recommended College graduate or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Experience: Must be knowledgeable and comply with all Fair Housing and ADA laws and regulations.
- Skills: At least two years of property management experience are required, and the following skills are expected:
- Human resource management and training.
- Sales customer service.
- Strong computer literacy with MS Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet.
- MRI software is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills required.
- Strong customer service presentation and an ability to close sales
- Must display effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must be very responsible, outgoing, empathetic, pleasant, prompt, self –sufficient, and professional.
- Receives and follows detailed instructions
- Ability to read and write English fluently
The position requires the ability to deal well with people and have a desire to assist them. In addition, the position requires the following:
- Training: Generally, minimum training is required on current property management system and PC software programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook. Training level and competency level may vary due to the special needs of the property.
- Attendance: Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that the individual be able to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
- Must be capable of operating standard office equipment such as computer, typewriter, calculator, copy and fax machines, etc.
- Position requires the ability to enter data into a computer and generate printed reports.
- FINANCIAL OPERATIONS AND REPORTING
Essential Job Function:
1. Lease available apartments to prospective residents.
2. Prepares applications, monies due, and lease files for move–ins.
3. Shows model and vacant apartment to potential residents.
4. Answer telephones, forward messages, log calls and traffic.
5. Checks applicant’s background for lease eligibility and forwards to on–site manager.
6. Prepares various daily activity reports, such as rental and traffic reports.
7. Maintains files on current residents, past residents, renewals, monthly activity, move–in and move–outs.
8. Follows up on all visitors with either telephone calls or written correspondence.
9. Write accurate Service Orders Request for the maintenance department.
10. Type leases, warning notices, rental information, other correspondence.
11. Markets the property by contact with local business and community groups.
12. Inspect property on a continual basis for cleanliness while performing other duties. Picks up trash and debris as necessary.
13. Organize and attends social functions for property.
14. Performs clerical work such as data entry, word processing, typing, copying, faxing, filing, and delivering of notices, etc.
15. Prepares models for showing morning.
16. Other duties:
§ Sells and markets property.
§ Compiles information for newsletters.
§ Performs all other duties assigned.
§ Walk move –in prior to move date.
17. Follow established policies and procedures regarding the qualifications screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
18. Maintain company customer service standards
19. Participate in company training classes and meetings, as required.
20. May be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds in various forms.
21. May be required to sit for extended periods while performing job functions, and accurately work on computer and other equipment.
22. Required to stand and/or be in continuous motion for extended periods while performing job functions and physical endurance.
23. Must be able to climb stairs on a regular basis throughout the day.
24. Must be capable of working under pressure, as well ad organizing and planning efficiently.