General Service Director
Pasadena, CA 91105
Our General Maintenance Directors are a key part of each community’s success, responsible for overseeing our most challenging, complex assets (top NOI drivers, mixed-use, and/or multi-site). They are our service leaders who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community and provide guidance and training to the maintenance team. From HVAC to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, General Maintenance Directors have a hand in every apartment and every resident’s satisfaction. As General Maintenance Director, your superior organizational skills and attention to detail will be utilized to attend to residents’ needs, manage service requests and apartment turnovers to ensure the work is performed timely, while adhering to the company’s standards and managing the budget. Your strong technical skills will be utilized to identify and diagnose problems and perform a variety of service requests.
At Equity, being a manager is much more than sitting behind a desk directing others; we believe in leading by example and walking in the shoes of the people you manage. Each day, you will be walking the community with your team, implementing scheduled maintenance, responding to service requests, managing vendors, and communicating and building rapport with residents. As a General Maintenance Director, you are among our most senior property leaders. You will be an expert on your community, working along with and directing a team of maintenance professionals to ensure the community is in excellent condition for our residents.
- A Leader. Not only are you at the top of your game when it comes to all things technical, but you enjoy teaching new skills to your team and are committed to coaching and developing them every day.
- A Clear Communicator. You help your team and residents understand the timeline and process for repairs.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
- Proactive. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
- Personable. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
- Levelheaded. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
- Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
- Repair and enhance our community. You’ll be responsible for repairing or maintaining all plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs at the community, providing training to other team members as needed.
- Build rapport with residents. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
- Manage service requests. You’ll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
- Know the make-ready schedule. You’ll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning, and repairing.
- Tend to preventive maintenance. You’ll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
- Notice the details. You’ll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
- 3+ years of hands-on general maintenance experience
- Supervisory experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, and property management software
- Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
- HVAC experience
- EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal)
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs
Stock Purchase Plan