Santa Monica, CA 90401
This position is for a Project Manager to work at EAH Corporate in Santa Monica, CA. Qualified Candidates will have a Master's degree in architecture, real estate development, finance, planning or construction management and 1+ year of related experience in affordable housing development such as residential architecture, real estate development, finance, planning, or construction management.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable Housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition 18-0091 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under the direction of the Vice President and/or the Deputy Director, performs a wide variety of tasks directly related to the planning, development and advocacy of affordable housing projects from acquisition through construction and occupancy. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability and ability to work congenially with a wide variety of individuals, community based organization and governmental entities. The Project Manager also assists with the development aspects of projects currently owned or managed by EAH, Inc.
• Finds and evaluates development opportunities, conducts initial feasibility analysis; creates a development strategy; negotiates purchase agreements; coordinates community acceptance planning.
• Obtains project financing, including preparing financing applications (TCAC, CDLAC, conventional, etc.), creating deal structures, coordinating negotiation of legal agreements for financing, and maintaining knowledge of current financing programs.
• Manages development team, including selecting and hiring of design, construction and other consultants necessary to develop the project; coordinates and monitors the work of the professional consultants; ensures work is finished and obtains internal approvals; manages, contracts and billing process.
• Obtains public approval by developing and implementing community acceptance strategies; obtaining public entitlement and permits; giving public presentations on behalf of the project.
• Monitors construction process by negotiating construction documents and contracts; monitoring construction progress and resolving conflicts; overseeing draws and monitoring cost and budget.
• Assists Property Management Department with project transition by preparing documentation with essential project information for ongoing operation.
• Works with and supports other EAH departments by utilizing effective lines of communication for exchange of information necessary during design, construction and rent up.
• Advocates for affordable housing by giving public presentations, participating in community and public policy groups; attending conferences, and staying informed of public policies affecting affordable housing.
• Education - Master's degree in any of the following fields of study: architecture, real estate development, finance, planning, or construction management. Education in other fields of study would be acceptable combined with appropriate work experience.
• Experience - 1 year of related work or field work experience in matters related to affordable housing development such as residential architecture, finance, planning, construction, etc.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a percentage match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.