Regional Property Manager
San Jose, CA 95126
POSITION: Regional Property Manager
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Full-time Exempt
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary + Benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
LOCATION(S): Charities Housing - Main Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Property Management
Charities Housing is committed to developing and managing affordable housing and strives to create developments that contribute positively to communities. Healthy communities start with people who care, who fulfill a vision, and who gladly perform meaningful services. That is what you will find in each and every affordable housing developed, owned, and managed by Charities Housing throughout Silicon Valley. We firmly believe our contributions are essential to the creation of healthy communities.
Description of Position: Under the direction of the Director of Property Management, the Regional P Manager is responsible for all operations of a portfolio of communities owned and managed by Charities Housing. The Regional Manager interprets and implements procedures based on the agencies policies & procedures, as well as all relevant program, city, county, government and other applicable housing regulations.
Education & Experience Required:
- Current Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) desired
- B.A. degree preferred
- Specific knowledge of Tax Credit & HUD rules and regulations.
- Prior experience supervising staff.
- Knowledge of property maintenance function and prioritization.
- On-site Property Management & lease up experience.
- 2-years’ experience working in office environment; demonstrated decision-making abilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working with social services providers and/or at-risk populations preferred
- Manage a team of employees, conducts some of the hiring and termination process as well as training and evaluating of all staff assigned.
- Monitors monthly financial performance on properties to insure that financial goals and budgets are met – including review of accounts receivable, individual property cash flow, rent increases, and replacement reserve transactions. Responsible for the preparation of budgets, reviews financial statement and reports.
- Responsible for direct contact with sponsor and regulatory agencies including but not limited to HUD, HCD, TCAC, MHSA and ensure program compliance for each project. Respond to auditors and audit findings
- Respond to auditors and audit findings.
- Ensures that property files are maintained and in good order.
- Conducts regular property inspections and prepare for site audits and inspections.
- Ensures evictions are processed in compliance with regulatory guidelines, as well as fair housing policy guidelines.
- Ensures and evaluates competitive bidding for services and repairs.
- Develop marketing and advertising materials as well as make recommendations to improve leasing effectiveness.
- Responsible for all program compliance of assigned properties
- Provide written reports for the Board on properties in the portfolio. Attend Asset Committee and, if necessary, Board meetings.
- Collect, review, and prepare weekly operations reports from all properties (Weekly call-in).
- Ensure compliance with Fair Housing law, including Reasonable Accommodation requests.
- Manages all tenant/applicant relations to include; violation notices, tenant/applicant appeals, termination notices & move-ins legal issues among other activities.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
If interested please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following (in pdf form):
1) Cover Letter
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
No relocation will be provided.