San Mateo, CA 94404
MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
Role Purpose: Our MidPen Community Manager will oversee the daily operations of one or more of our properties by creating a vibrant, thriving community that our residents call home. You are an empathetic, bright individual who wants to help build a community that is not just a place to live, but a place where our residents can thrive. This position reports to the Property Manager, and will work alongside them to ensure that our properties remain best in class.
Your day to day:
- Own key areas of responsibility in Fiscal, Facilities, and Resident Management, Risk/Compliance and Community Outreach
- Partner with our residents – anticipate and deliver on their needs
- Supervise Assistant Community Manager and property staff and promote positive work environment.
- Maintain working partnership with local community groups including government officials, law enforcement, and fire safety professionals
- Assist Property Manager with budgeting and the financials of the property
- Obtain all required program certifications and stay current with compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g. Fair Housing, HUD, TCAC, COS)
- Ensure exceptional curb appeal of the community
- Complete annual and interim re-certifications accurately and on schedule
- Be the voice and champion of our residents!
What you bring:
- Three or more years of multi-family residential management experience with a minimum of two years Affordable Housing experience. Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws is a plus
- Associate degree, certificate of completion from a trade school, or combination of both education and experience.
- Empathetic, nimble and people focused - you enjoy working with residents
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and competency in basic business math skills
- Tax Credit Specialist or Certified Occupancy Specialist certified or ability to become certified within 6 months of employment
- Competence with Microsoft Office and property management software such as MRI, Yardi, or Boston Post
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, auto insurance and reliable transportation
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- Free on-site parking at HQ
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
- Housing available for select on-site positions
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!