Insurance & Financial Analyst
San Mateo, CA 94401
In this position, you will ssist the Risk Manager to ensure Essex is protected from loss via risk transfer to third parties, strategic placement in Captive and by contract. Work within organization to mitigate, contain and minimize loss.
- Placements: Gather and review underwriting information (construction data, property condition reports, Phase I and other pollution reports, Flood zone determination reports, seismic reports,_assist with preparation and review of insurance applications, research and collection of secondary characteristics relating to EQ, review brokers’ specifications for accuracy)
- Prepare premium analysis exhibits of proposals and cost benefit evaluations
- Assist with aspects of Hawaii based Corporate entity “Pacific Western Insurance, LLC”
- Budget preparation, allocations and tracking variance
- Assist with updating insurance tracker with binders, policies, premiums, etc.
- Invoice management
- Insurance contract review
- Assist with RFP’s
- Manage Insurance open items list for each broker and internal projects.
- Manage insurance certificate requests from lenders, partners and various vendors
- Coordinate with insurance brokers on lender requirements for both existing and new properties
- Assist with follow up on action items from insurance committee meetings
- Assist in tracking and monitoring coverage enhancements suggested by attorneys.
- Assist in special projects or other duties
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
Education: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: Minimum 5 years insurance experience; multifamily a plus.
- Analyze programs and coverages, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and writing
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)