San Francisco, CA 94102
The Development Associate performs financial analyses for development opportunities, preparing appropriate documents to facilitate the underwriting and closing of real estate transactions, may interface with brokers, equity partners, institutional clients, and the Company’s development and construction leadership.
Currently the division is developing 16 assets in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest for total project capitalization over $4.2B. The overall portfolio is a mix of high intensity midrise and high rise product in core locations. The division is focus on multifamily development but we are also moving forward with over 1M square feet of office development and high rise condos.
The division is organized into 4 regional teams with 4 members per team (Director of Development, Development Manager, Development Associate, Director of Construction). Each of these regional teams is responsible for between $600M and $2.1B in development. The transactions we pursue are high velocity, highly complex, and highly rewarding with direct contact to 11 of the most well respected capital partners in the world.
MBA degree in business, real estate, finance, architecture, or related field and/or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, human resources, and other business documents and to provide updates and reports to owners and key business leaders.
- Expert-level proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and database management programs in order to complete, design, and develop required reports and documents. Experience in Timberline and other Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills in order to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with brokers, institutional and equity partners, owners, lenders, and the variety of potential clients with whom Greystar does business.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and project management skills in order to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs